Monday, September 20, 2010

SMASH 'N' GRAB
Life and Yoga in the Big, Bad City




A student sent me this story today:

I got to my car this morning for my drive to work and saw that someone had broken into it. The entire front passenger side window was smashed with shattered glass everywhere. One of my neighbors saw the guy do it and said he ran off with a big bag. I don't leave anything of value in my car since I have to park on the street, so I couldn't think of what it possibly could have been.

And then I realized.... the robber took off with my yoga bag and now has a 3-year-old Manduka mat that he's lugging around the city! Clearly, he needs it more than I do. Maybe it will help him to find some inner peace!

Cost to fix window = $91.

Cost to fix his soul= priceless.

3 comments:

  1. sorry about your car and your bag! but you're right, maybe he'll open it up, see the contents, unfold the mat and change his life. i hope he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be disappointed.
    And maybe not.
    :)

    ReplyDelete