Sunday, June 07, 2009

BRIEF UPDATE

Things on the homefront are at a new low, so not much posting right now.

Suffice to say the LL came over at 9:15PM Friday and pounded on the door - just five minutes after I got home - demanding to be let in "to see the new windows."

Suffice to say I learned yesterday that the electricians appear to have ruined not just the Sony boombox I use everyday (replacement cost $200) but also the cable box, DVD player, VCR, CD player, cassette deck, stereo receiver and DVD/TV converter.

It's just stuff, but still......

Many sanskaras are coming to the fore.

If anyone knows of a cheap, safe, quiet, warm, sattvic rental apartment in Chicago, NYC or Raleigh please contact me immediately.

8 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds not good either,

    I hope you will find soon something new.

    All the best

    xo
    U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:29 PM

    what happened? who hired the electricians? if it was the landlord, when's he/she going to replace the stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landlord hired electricians to re-wire the entire apartment, which was on two circuit breakers (although my electric bill included three - the third being the washer-dryer-laundry room!). I will speak to him later in the week about recompse.

    In the meantime it is interesting to observe all of the old junk this rapidly deteriorating situation keeps bringing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:10 PM

    craaaaazy. blessings on finding a friendlier spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still think there might be something at the end of the long hallway. it's just a feeling i have. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday I got home to find that one of the hanging plants in the yoga room had come off the wall and fallen on the floor. And this was *after* I'd done the House Blessing ritual on Saturday. How many more signs do I need?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that something better will come up for you soon, Cara! I will let you know if I hear of anything. There is an apartment building right next door to me, you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would guess the building the landlord owns is in need of a cadre of City of Chicago inspectors to see if anything meets code.

    I know a guy at city hall.

    Actually, I know several, and they dislike these type of slum lords, mainly because they look good when they bust these clowns.

    ReplyDelete