Saturday, October 29, 2005



WALKING IN NY-C


After seeing The Squid and the Whale in Chelsea, Michael M-the-artist and I kept meandering towards downtown, stopping in the Union Square market for some home-made oatmeal-raisin cookies we shared over coffee (it was *really* cold). He told me about his latest artwork (no more painting, lots more conceptual work) and we walked around SoHo, Chinatown, NoLita, etc. I was freezing and tried on some jackets and hats (no luck) but did find some cheap gloves at National Wholesale Liquidators, which has gone down in recent years if you ask me.

Then back on the F-trian to Brooklyn for dinner, Italian ice and the first two episodes of Deadwood, which apparently was (is) a very real place. Tonight it's Lesion at Arlene's Grocery with Miss Grace + entourage. Led primary at 7:30 tomorrow? Despite the clock-turn, I don't think so (mostly because it's probably packed and they don't need another carpetbagger making it moreso). I thought all of Sharath's talk about diligence and discipline in the Namarupa interview was having a profound effect on me but maybe it won't really hit home til I'm back home (hard to self-practice in one's host's wee abode). Feeling like a sloth, I am.

The Hex keeps checking CNN, to see if Karl Rove / Dick Cheney are going down.

Goodman called this morning to give the Hex the football scores and tell us about the bombings in Delhi. More proof the world is indeed falling apart; Rosie O'Donnell appears on the Actors Studio tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment