Saturday, January 15, 2005



NRI = NONRESIDENT INDIAN


From my 2004 Diary:



5:20PM, 14 JANUARY 2004. ROOM 106. HOTEL SKY PALACE. KOVALAM, KERALA, INDIA.

India is about being bored out of your skull, missing everyone/thing from home, and getting over it.





FRI 16 JAN. LIGHTHOUSE BEACH, 7:30AM

Ut-oh. A man who can only squat and crawl across the sand is headed my way....




WED 21 JAN 04

(four-color drawing of an amoeba with Electrobion* center)




THURS 22 JAN 04. KOVALAM HOSPITAL WAITING ROOM

You walk in, the fan goes on. What must they think of us?

The hill has made me tre lightheaded. Perhaps not a good idea to see the doctor a day early to tell him I'm OK, so I can go to the movie tomorrow instead of our appointment.

So nice to sit down. Sweating bullets. Looking ill, I bet.

Many people here today.

My writing looks bizarre even to me. At least I'm in the right place if I pass out (Why am I wearing the longsleeved heavy pink top?).

Maybe I'm dehydrated.

Just felt faint.

Ut-oh.

So easy it'd be to give in to it.

At least I'm in the right place....





FRI 23 JAN 04 ROOM 106. KOVALAM (AFTER SEEING KHAAKI)

Stop me before I shop again.







*dehydration salts





No comments:

Post a Comment