Saturday, July 10, 2004

GUBE...

...means "lazy" in Kannada, although I did teach two today (including putting the sweaty legs of stiff men behind their heads and helping them drop back which is quite tiring) and *have* to attend a kirtan tonight (for an article) when all I really want to do is sleep and clean house and sleep and watch a movie and sleep. It's not that bad, really. But I'll pawn you off on someone else anyway:

I've read only the most recent entries in this Mysore blog by a Tim Miller student, but found them to be unusually insightful *and* witty:
http://leapinglanka.blogspot.com/

Bindi was in class this AM and is making noise about going back in November, so now there's a bee in my bonnet, too. Five thousand rupees says she gets *discovered* by Bollywood at that Mumbai hotel lobby where they like to troll for western extras.....

(Hey, if I go maybe *I'll* get discovered too. Plenty of roles for 36 Chowringhee Lane* spinsters there I'm sure).





*36 CHOWRINGHEE LANE (English audio) 
Jennifer Kendal, Dhritiman Chatterjee, Debashree Roy, Geoffrey Kendal & Soni Razdan - A 1981 Classic 
Produced and Directed by Aparna Sen
Nandita and Samaresh are tired of sneaking kisses in taxis and start using Violet Staneham, an ageing Anglo-Indian schoolteacher's dingy apartment in Calcutta as a meeting place. In the process, a warm and exciting relationship grows up between the young lovers and the old lady. (http://www.indofilms.com/home/myfilms/language/movie/details.jsp?oid=118127&language=Hindi)









No comments:

Post a Comment